Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A new addition!!!!




Hello,




I'm Chad West, Katy's hubby. As many of our loyal readers know, I was in Budapest, Hungary over the weekend. I drank and ate fine Hungarian food and hung out with close friends. When I got back home I felt a little funny in the morning. I turned to Katy and said "grab the tester!"




Katy grabbed one from the dwindling stash and in a building frenzy I took the tester out of its packaging. I read the instructions and started the test. I was so excited that I could barely keep my hands dry! The result: POSITIVE!




I had almost given up hope to never think it would happen. I was just on perfect cycle of beer, meat, and other unhealthy behavior that it finally worked. I wasn't even really trying that hard. It goes to show that good things come to those who wait.




I plan on telling my office tomorrow and thus instituting paternity leave there. 5 weeks off should be sufficient. I know I'll have my hands full!




So, yes, I already have all the details. I will have an underground birth. I expect to have about 1 to 1 and a half doctors in the room, but never at the same time. The lighting will be sans florescent with a peace candle lit a safe distance away, cared by a peace candle peacekeeper. I will also have another highly specialized person in the room who will solve many problems. The position I will take during delivery will be the All-Limb Method. This method was inspired by natural animals and basically means that I'll be on all fours. I just have to be sure that my face doesn't get too red for the photographer.




Well, there are just too many forward-thinking considerations and too little time to write them all down right now. Make no mistake though: I will tell you all of them and have a reason for all of them. The point, really, is that I'm pregnant. And you, my friend, have permission to touch my belly.






Love,


Chad (& the little one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment