Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


Everyone says becoming a mother will make you appreciate your own mother more. I couldn't agree more. You have no idea how much your mom sacrificed for you until you go through it yourself. Then you find yourself looking back on your entire life a little differently. My mom not only put me first for 28 years, she has done the same for 2 more kids! Moms just never run out of love. My mom has been nothing but supportive my whole life and especially since I have had Nina. She always listens and never imposes her opinions on how I am parenting, even though she is the experienced one! She is the one I call to vent, brag, worry, complain, cry, laugh, babytalk...she gets me home in bad traffic after a long day! Nina is so lucky to have such a loving grandma. We love you!















I had the most relaxing day today. Nina gave me the best gift by sleeping in until 10am! We had an amazing brunch on our screen porch and took a long walk (nap for Nina) to enjoy the weather. And I even got a present - Chad gave me a Mother-of-pearl necklace! I am really blessed to be Nina's mom - she is such a good baby!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Katy! I think you are a pretty amazing mom, and it's so great to hear you had such a wonderful first Mother's Day! Good work, Chad, on the necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Katy. When I read this post, I get such a lump in my throat and there doesn't seem to be "words".....only a feeling of a Mother's love.....which we now get to share since you are such a loving mother to Nina. She is very lucky and so are you. You are a beautiful daughter and now Mother. Dad and I love you so much and are very proud of you. I'm glad you share Nina so much with us. Love you lots dear-dear. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete